Encounter challenges in risks and quality management while outsourcing animation studios for e-learning? As managers are usually busy handling other in-house tasks, you want to pick a long-term partner to save precious time and energy! Whether studio or freelance, project managers need to carefully choose a reliable animation partner.
- Benefits of choosing animation studios that have a focus on educational content
- Criteria to consider when choosing an animation studio for e-learning
- Top animation studios for creating educational content
- Animation studio for e-learning: Overall Comparison
- Risks in choosing unsuitable outsourcing animation studio for e-learning agency
- Overall conclusion
Benefits of choosing animation studios that have a focus on educational content
Animation for education is distinctive compared to the usual animation. Outsourced studios need to have deep understandings of education and e-learning to create animated videos.
“For e-learning, the techniques might not be as important as the conciseness of content transformed into animation.”
The greatest benefits of choosing a focused animation studio for e-learning:
- The time they spend on educational content creation is more compared to normal animation studios, which give them more experience in creating learning content.
- Styling for education videos is directed to distinctive audience groups (K12, HigherEd, corporate, NGOs), more unique than styling for explainer or marketing videos.
- The project management flow of specialized animation studios is similar to e-learning agencies and aligned with the needs of e-learning partners.
- Their knowledge of education can support their clients in e-learning projects.
Even though studios can be a lot easier to manage than freelancers, choosing the right studio that can match your expectations & styles is important.
Criteria to consider when choosing an animation studio for e-learning
- Services they offer. Find the ones that have an education module within their portfolio!
- The core of their services. They should understand their market! Choose the ones that provide insightful resources. Then, they can create more values for you.
- Communications and project management skills. These decide the efficiency of the whole process. Is their account supportive? Can they use project management software?
- Style variations. So it can match the style requirements of different clients.
- Experiences in e-learning. This takes place when it comes to choosing between many different studios with similar qualities.
Top animation studios for creating educational content
- Kino bino
- F.Learning Studio
- White animation
- Shy guys
- Animate your science
1. Kino bino – animation studio for e-learning
Overview: Kino Bino offers its animation services for education, explainer, healthcare, and others like exhibitions and short ads. Their audiences can be varied from adults to kids. They have strong expertise in creating explainer videos and animated videos that combine with educational content.
Example: Kino Bino is famous for being a Ted-Ed animation partner. The following video is one of the highlight projects from them:
Abilities & budget: Kino Bino certainly has the qualifications to create animation, both in time and efficiency. However, their budgets can be a little higher compared to other animation studios for education. As they have credits for big clients and their products are highly-customized, the rates are considered reasonable.
2. F.Learning Studio – animation studio for e-learning
Overview: F.Learning Studio is a young studio specializing in animation for education, a trusted partner of many e-learning agencies. E-learning seems to be their focus and go-to despite their service varieties. They offer a wide range of animation styles, from whiteboard, motion graphics to customized hand-drawn animation.
F.Learning Studio offers e-learning animation for plenty of audiences and subjects. Even though they are based in Vietnam, they collaborated and communicated well with many worldwide clients. The studio had 5 years of experience in creating animation for reliable education partners like UNSW or Cobblestone Learning.
Example: One of their outstanding projects for e-learning is One QBE. F.Learning managed to maximize the effectiveness of corporate training videos with lower prices compared to many others.
Abilities & budget: Based on their experiences, F.Learning can handle big scopes of work with tight deadlines. On the other hand, their rates for animation are rather affordable. This is because of their geographic area, one of the low-spending regions in the world.
Ask your questions NOW
and get answered
within 12 hours!
3. White animation – animation studio for e-learning
Overview: White animation is a media production based in Israel. They create animation for training, education, explainer, and marketing. Even though they offer various styles, their expertise lies in whiteboard animation. Moreover, the showcase of their website is highly interactive.
Example: One of their educational videos was made for Israel’s center of education technology. The animation is concise and consistent in illustrations, motions, and content.
Abilities & budget: The studio had 8 years or enrich experiences, they are likely able to handle great scopes with strict timing. The rates they offer are reasonable for an experienced animation studio. You can also find them on Fiverr under the name silueta_pro.
4. Shy guys – animation studio for e-learning
Overview: Shy guys animation studio work in three main areas: Marketing & Explainer, animation for Learning, and graphics for TV & Film. They specialize in 2D and 3D animation, motion graphics, illustration, and CGI. This studio is a perfect pick for partnering in marketing and explainer animation.
Example: Within their portfolio for learning services, styles are varied and flexible between vector and hand-drawn. This animation video from them can be a great example to look at.
Abilities & budget: Shy guys studio is a young animation studio with high abilities in making animation. They created some series of animations and they have satisfied many of their partners. The rates that they charge are about similar to other animation production houses in the UK.
5. Animate your science – animation studio for e-learning
Overview: Animate your science was born to solve the problem of continuous mass releases of academic papers. They aim for the solution of using animation to recreate science subjects in a fun, creative way. The studio is functional in animated videos and graphics.
Example: What makes Animate your science special is their research before creating insightful graphics and motions on different topics. They used to work for Roche on a project that covers tumor testing and sampling.
Abilities & budget: Their abilities to understand and research for each animation project is outstanding. Not to mention their products’ qualities are shown in illustrations and motions of videos. The studio is based in Australia and the rates are average.
Animation studio for e-learning: Overall Comparison
|Areas of expertise||Experiences||Estimate % knowledge on e-learning||Price level|
|Kino Bino||EducationExplainerHealthcareOthers||2 years||50%||High|
|F.Learning Studio||EducationE-learningMedical||5 years||90%||Medium|
|White animation||TrainingEducationExplainerMarketing||8 years||80%||High|
|Shy guys||Marketing & ExplainerLearningTV & Film||6 years||40%||Medium|
|Animate your science||EducationScience||3 years||90%||Medium|
Risks in choosing unsuitable outsourcing animation studio for e-learning agency
- Delayed deadlines: this is dangerous and can slow down the e-learning projects production process
- Bad communications: if they don’t understand e-learning products, it can lead to unexpected styles, wrong tones, and voices, etc.
- Poorly applications of tools and technologies: this is uncommon but possible, some studios are unfamiliar with special project management tools
Always carefully choose a reliable partner that can cooperate on a long-term basis and has experiences in e-learning to avoid these risks.
For the e-learning industry, it is suggested to choose animation studios that focus on educational content.
Time-consuming is the biggest problem in project management. Hence, PMs need to carefully pick their long-term partnerships to avoid sudden changes and consume much more effort in the future. Take time and go through all criteria that we suggested.
For example, if you are looking for a 2D animation studio that creates handcrafted animation for e-learning, it’s recommended to choose F.Learning or simply book a consultation call with us for more insights.
- How to hire an animation studio that expertise in education/eLearning
- How much does an educational animation cost per minute: $30, $300 or $3000?
- Animation price guide for your eLearning video