This animation price calculator will give you an initial assessment of how much you need to pay for your project, especially when producing animation series. Besides the tool, this article also provides some useful criteria when calculating the cost. They might help you trim off unnecessary services if you have a really tight budget.
What do the 3 animation styles look like?
The animation type definitely alters how much an animation would cost. The most important thing is that the type should suit your needs and be charged at a reasonable price point. In the education field, you might see these 3 types of animation as the most common:
- Whiteboard Animation: The cheapest because of its simple and straightforward style.
- Hand-drawn Animation: This style gives a feeling of a cartoon movie with complex movements, watercolors, and the high detail level of drawing lines. Therefore, it comes at a much higher price. This might fit if you want something that’s one of a kind or if you are building a brand for your course.
- Motion Graphic Animation: The style is in the middle price range with solid colors, clean background, and clean drawing lines.
How the concept is developed based on animation styles
The animation style is a part of the big picture. You need to see the concept. The concept covers all elements in your video including color palette, characters, background, and other assets. The more detailed the job, the bigger the budget you might need to pay.
- Basic concept: For this health & safety at workspaces project, you can see that the simple concept contains equally simple character designs. They are based on basic shapes, and there are no facial expressions. The same goes for objects, they’re fundamental shapes and lines with no details.
- Standard concept: The same project, but with the standard concept, the animation design is definitely enhanced. Though the characters’ facial expressions are still limited, they now have had simple clothes and even some accessories. Also, there are more colors following the brand color and objects have begun to have small details with 1-2 colors.
- Complex concept: The character has detailed clothes and explicit facial expressions. We can also see the body parts distinctly. In addition, shadows and strokes now appear on detailed objects with multi-color schemes.
As shown above, you should choose the desired style that best fits your budget!
Have other concerns beside the pricing structure?
You are not alone. We have the answers to all of your concern!
Level of motion
Does your animated character has complicated movement? Do you want everything to have a smooth and smart motion? Well, prices can be changed due to these elements. Undoubtedly, basic motions are less expensive than complex ones. But watch out for anything underpriced, the result might be a jerky, bumpy animation that won’t not worth it.
Below are 2 examples of basic and complicated animation. Clearly, there’s a big difference, right?
More complex concepts take more time to animate. Hence, it takes a lot of your budget. Why? Because they may contain highly detailed objects and backgrounds. Or, special requirements in the character’s movement and emotion.
Video length – This is another factor that will affect your animation price calculator. Usually, the prices are measured minute by minute. The more minutes of animation you want, the higher the cost. An animated video is tailor-made, so the price will be flexible, $2,000 per minute, and likewise.
Last but not least, is the duration of time you need the studio to complete your video. Usually, creating a 2D educational animated video will take about 4-7 weeks. But, if you want to make it faster, the cost will increase accordingly. Keep in mind, that the shorter the time, the higher the price.
Now that you know the basic guidelines of the animation price calculator and perhaps the budget you need isn’t small. Why don’t we dig down deeper, to see how to make a minute of educational animation and how the studios charge you at each step.
|Other services||How the service is calculated|
|Scriptwriting||– The level of knowledge that video topic requires|
– The number of words
– The number of animation minutes that cover the script
|Voice over||– The number of animation minutes|
|Language translation||– The number of animation minutes|
– The number of languages you want to translate
|Character design||– The number of characters that include in the script|
When estimating a price for animation videos, always remember to check the main elements that affect the cost and examine expenses in every working process. There you go! Now you have the guidelines on making your own animation price calculator, let’s take the next step in creating animated videos for educational purposes. But, if you find this price calculating process too complicated, let us know! Just tell us your ideas or your project’s details, and we’ll consult you from beginning to end, including estimating the price quotation for you as well.